It has been a while since I’ve posted some of the things that I love and can’t live without. I use all of these on a daily basis and can truly say that I’ve finally found a daily routine that makes me feel my best. I’m not the biggest fan of caking on the make-up, I much prefer keeping it natural and taking the best possible care of my skin along the way; here are the few things that are always in my make-up bag/bathroom cabinet.
1. MAC Eyeshadow in Dazzlelight
2. Physician’s Formula Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
3. Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleaner – makes my whole face feel so fresh and clean
4. The Body Shop’s Tea Tree Oil Face Mask – cleans deep down and helps me control my breakouts
5. The Body Shop’s Vitamin E Eye Cream – I use this in the morning and at night; I’ve seen a serious change since I started using it
6. Korres Lip Butter in Wild Rose – so dark in the pot, but the perfect shade once on
7. Smith’s Minted Rose Lip Balm – I love all of Smith’s Rosebud Lip Balms
8. The Body Shop’s Carrot Moisturizing Cream – saves my face during the Fall/Winter
9. Annabelle Kohl Liner in Black – Best Liner I’ve ever used
10. Alba Coconut Cream Clear Lip Gloss – moisturizing, not sticky…and did I mention it tastes so fantastic!?!
11. Physician’s Formula Talc-Free Mineral Tinted Moisturizer – smoothes my face but doesn’t cover it up, I like my real skin to still shine through
12. Deserving Thyme Hand & Body Care Lotion – OMG. I use this soo often and my hands love me for it and it smells so great thanks to the added Green Tea, Lavender, Lemon and Rosemary in it
13. Revlon Beyond Natural Face Primer – I’ve tried all sorts of primers (from NARS to Smashbox and MAC) and this one is the ultimate; does what it should with no added oils and it doesn’t make me break out like some of the other
14. NARS Blush in Deep Throat – the perfect shade for me and it lasts forever
Who knows, maybe some of these will work for you?? All I know is that whenever I think about make-up, wrinkles, my face…I think about this quote by Audrey Hepburn (I actually have it posted in my medicine cabinet so I see it every morning).
“For attractive lips,
Speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes,
Seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure,
Share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair,
Let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.
Walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.
People, even more than things,
Have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed,
And redeemed; never throw out anyone.
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand,
You will find one at the end of each of your arms.
As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands;
One for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.”
That’s the true definition of beauty.
Have a good night! I’m off to watch a movie and pour a good glass of red wine.