It’s funny how much power your sense of smell has. It can evoke a whole gamut of reactions within seconds; a scent can make you smile, make you cringe, or even take you back to special moments from the past.
Here are some of my favourites right now:
1. Pacifica’s mediterranean fig candles fill my room with light fruity notes that have a soothing/calming effect after a hectic day.
2. Bath & Body Work’s Coconut Lime Verbena lotion brings you to a tropical location at even the most dull moments in life.
3. A fresh bouquet of Freesias (white is my preference) carries light peppery notes in whatever space you place them in.
4. Nina by Nina Ricci makes sure every morning I start is filled with a mood lifting combination of citrus, toffee apples, vanilla, peonies & moonflowers, complimented by apple woods & white cedar. Yumm, trust me!
5. I’ve mentioned it before, but seriously, best soap ever created! Lucia’s olive oil & laurel leaf organic shea butter bar. There’s a candle too!
6. St. Ives Olive Cleanser leaves a subtle clean scent on my skin which helps me to sink into a deep nights sleep soon after.
7. Illume’s Balsam & Cedar candle gives off a little bit of Christmas even if it’s nowhere near December!
8. As soon as it’s cork is popped, Gallo Family’s White Zinfandel unleashes the wonderful summerish scent of strawberries and overall just plain deliciousness. Take a second to breathe it in before enjoying it’s flavour.
9. Alba’s cocoa butter hand & body lotion sinks into your skin with no traces of grease, and manages to leave it’s light cocoa scent on your body for hours and hours. Pure bliss; a must have in the office to brighten your afternoon!
Well, hope you’ve had a wonderful Canada Day weekend & Fourth of July for all of those across the boarder. My football game has hit half-time with a score in our favour…so I’m off to grab some dinner before it resumes!
Thanks for taking a peek at the scents that make me smile. Enjoy your evening. xoxo.
P.S. Go Lions!!!